Project Manager (based in Dublin, Ireland)
myPOS is as an Electronic Money Institution (EMI) licensed by the Central Bank of Ireland and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom. We are operating in over 30 European markets with 150 000+ clients from various industries. Our team consists of 450+ experienced professionals spread across 18 offices in the UK, Ireland, Italy, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.
Our mission is to empower every enterprise to reap the benefits of innovation and modern technologies, solve payment challenges and grow in new and powerful ways. myPOS was founded on the belief that all businesses and entrepreneurs should be able to leverage the power of card payments and modern technology to grow and thrive. At the core of our culture are innovations and impact, the diversity of people and businesses, along with our capability to be collaborative and scalable.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the successful candidate will be based in our Dublin office and will play a key role in supporting IT projects delivering on Office and Infrastructure Projects. This Team Member will have multiple challenging projects, so they must be a motivated, team focused problem solver.
The PM is responsible for coordination and completion of the project and to this end will perform a variety of tasks including, helping define scope, planning, facilitating meetings, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring, summarizing and communicating progress of the project.
The PM will be responsible for managing multiple projects both on a global and local level. The PM actively leads and directs cross-functional team members to ensure all deliverables, program/project/campaign objectives, process milestones and quality measures are completed on-time and on-budget. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record successfully managing a wide variety of projects leveraging technology to drive business improvements on time and on budget. Respon-sibilities may require occasional after-hours work for implementations, post-production coordination and other project-driven events as needed.
- Works closely with the CIO to establish a best-in-class PMO for the group, develops a project management methodology, project governance structures and supports documentation suite;
- Creates and maintains Project Plans: develops, and continually updates, detailed project/program management plans. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensures PM methodology is adhered to;
- Supports the Management of the IT Infrastructure Project Portfolio: works with appropriate IT and business stakeholders to define, prioritise and manage the pipeline of potential future IT infrastructure projects. Works with stakeholders on reporting the current status of all projects based on established project management criteria. Facilitates the process to accelerate, decelerate, add to or remove projects from the portfolio;
- Manages Project Status Reporting: prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team;
- Develops and Maintains Project Schedules: incorporates regular updates from each functional team;
- Facilitates and works with team leads to define a detailed and accurate project scope;
- Performs Project Resource Management: Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Identifies project resource requirements and staff assignments. Checks for staff availabilities. Updates the project plan with work assignments;
- Conducts Risk Management: maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed;
- Accurately anticipates and catches deviations from a plan or schedule early to assess their impact to the schedule and to keep stakeholders informed;
- Supports Stakeholder Management: works with technology and business owners to analyse stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements;
- Integrates Project Business Analysis: works with project/product team members and stakeholders to integrate technical and functional changes to projects into work assignment and schedules;
- Provides Overall Project Administration: participates in program team meetings, proactively documents meeting minutes, tracks issues, decisions and action items, and follows-up between meetings to drive issues to closure;
- Ensures internal systems are updated with the necessary information to ensure all team members, managers and directors can access the necessary project and/or resource related information;
- Manages vendor relationships as it relates to the project;
- Other Support Duties as Needed: Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- A minimum of 5-6 years of experience managing cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity;
- Experience with IT service, infrastructure and support process redesign and documentation;
- Experience in implementing project-related changes into a 24×7 production environment;
- Exposure to IT infrastructure/datacenter technologies, such as server hardware and operating systems, SAN storage, networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls and wireless access points;
- Available to travel as required to other company offices;
- Must possess knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Able to estimate the project’s effort from functional/technical requirements to the necessary level for planning and scheduling purposes;
- Functional understanding of datacenter components and conceptual integration of servers, storage, and networking technologies;
- Strong technical vocabulary for communicating with engineers and translating for business users;
- Knowledgeable about the integration of risk management (security, backup/recovery, redundancy) into technology implementations;
- Can prioritise trade-offs between on-time, on-scope or on-budget delivery;
- Skilled at project scheduling, including via automated tools, and can analyse progress and trade-offs;
- Can implement project change process, as appropriate for scope control and change processes;
- Can debate effectively for or against project changes, as appropriate;
- Supports Project and Portfolio Management process implementation;
- Sufficient communication and organization skills to implement a formal communications plan;
- Capable of project risk assessment, monitoring and mitigation planning.
Preferred Additional Requirements:
- Experience in working within a Project Management Office, or equivalent structure;
- Previous work experience in the Payments, Banking or Fintech sector;
- Experience with IT security and compliance considerations such as would be gained in a validated environment;
- Project Management certification – CAPM or PMP certified or actively working toward certification;
- Working knowledge of ITIL;
- Experience with Project Management tools e.g., Monday.com.
What we offer:
A great opportunity to work in a world renowned fintech company with diverse international team and be involved in building of the future of the payments.
And it comes with:
- Competitive remuneration and annual bonus based on performance and achievements;
- Generous non-contributory occupational pension of 9% of your annual salary;
- Private health and dental insurance;
- Life and income protection insurance;
- Hybrid working arrangements may be possible;
- 28 days of annual leave.
By submitting your application, you agree that myPOS Ltd may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes.