Merchant Risk Assessment Manager
Who are we?
myPOS AD is an affiliate company of myPOS Europe Ltd, an Electronic Money Institution licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom, and a leading European FinTech company.
myPOS was founded on the belief that all businesses and entrepreneurs should be able to leverage the power of card payments and modern technology to grow and thrive. The company is dedicated to providing innovative, affordable and smart payment solutions which empower businesses of any types and sizes to accept payments fast and securely.
With offices in various European countries, over 100,000 clients and a strong team of talented professionals, myPOS is creating the future of payments.
myPOS is looking for an ambitious, skilled individual, who has good knowledge of Acquiring and Issuing payment risk management and an appreciation of the importance of commercial based risk management of customers.
As a Risk Manager you will be directly responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the company’s (or F.I) risk management function, for supporting the board in its development of the company/F.I’s risk appetite and for translating the risk appetite into a risk limits structure, for keeping Fraud and Chargeback KPIs at healthy level aiming to maximize acceptance rates and minimizing fraud and chargebacks levels.
Reporting to the BoD, you will be actively engaged in the process of setting risk measures and limits for the various business lines and monitoring their performance relative to risk-taking and limit adherence.
This role offers a unique exposure to our core business areas collaborating closely with both key internal players (Business Development, Sales, Legal teams, Compliance KYC and Top Management) and interfacing with some of our high value partners.
What we are looking for:
- University degree in Economics, Law or other relevant.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in Fraud, Risk or Compliance environment of the Financial services industry or financial risk investigations
- 2+ years Experience in people leadership roles.
- Understanding business risk assessment on new and existing customers to identify risky business practices and present appropriate mitigations
- Good knowledge of Card Scheme Requirements, Regulations and handling Chargeback process
- Strong project management, stakeholder management, and collaboration skills across multiple functional areas
- A pragmatic thinker with an ability to think outside the box
- Readiness to work with busy schedules and tight deadline
- Excellent command of English, with other European languages being a plus
You will work on things like
- Manage the corporate risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain infrastructure elements (e.g. management reporting, including reporting to senior management).
- Identify control gaps and create insightful analysis to support the implementation of new controls to reduce associated risk.
- Keep the Fraud and Chargeback KPIs at healthy level maximizing acceptance rates and minimizing fraud and chargebacks levels.
- Ensure chargebacks and disputes are handled in a timely manner and maximize recovery
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and to ensure early identification of internal risks assuring that these are managed in line with company’s strategy
- Manage the process for developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Keeps up to date information and best practices from risk trends and how to proactively mitigate the impact
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks
- Translate business requirements and functional needs into business / reporting and system specifications.
- Managing and participating in key decision-making processes (e.g. strategic planning, new products and services, compensation design and operation).
Here is what we’ve got to offer:
- “Google Office-Class” workplace in an open, friendly hi-tech environment;
- The opportunity to work in a diverse and international team of professionals building together the future of Payment Solutions;
- Attractive and motivating salary;
- Promotions and a salary review based on performance;
- Full “Luxury” package health insurance including dental care and optical glasses;
- 100 lv. per month for lunch and snacks;
- Exciting teambuilding events;
- Opportunity to refresh in our facilities, including fitness, bowling and relax areas.
- Did we mention free coffee, food and drinks at the office?
Are you ready to take it to the next level?
Apply by sending us:
- CV in English.
- Cover letter – Share with us why you would like to join the myPOS family.
We always properly take care of all applications, and you can be sure that the personal details of every single one of you will be treated with the utmost respect, confidentiality, and full compliance with the Personal Data Protection Law. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, so keep it tight and fresh – good luck to all of you!