Head of Operations
At myPOS, we are combining technology with imagination and expertise to provide an integrated payment solution for small and medium businesses built on innovation, freedom, flexibility and opportunities for growth.
About the Role
To support our exciting growth journey, we are looking to hire a Head of Operations who will assume ownership of internal processes, drive key projects and support the growth of our functions into a high-quality operation.
If you demonstrate hands-on leadership to build, introduce and operate various processes, manage stakeholders and support a quality experience for our customers and stakeholders, we would love to hear from you.
The role sits within myPOS Payments Ltd (“MPP”), the Group’s UK entity based in central London (in the Shard) and authorized as an E-Money Institution by the FCA. It reports to MPP’s CEO but requires extensive coordination with all operational functions across the Group(including those based in our Technology and Operations centre in Varna, Bulgaria) and with the COO of the Group’s entity for provision of regulated services throughout the European Economic Area.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with stakeholders to create and implement plans for MPP’s operational processes, internal infrastructure, reporting systems and company policies, all designed to foster growth, profitably, increased effectiveness, efficiencies, customer service &retention.
- Act as the Operations point of contact for all internal operational queries; dealing with and raising issues to management in a timely manner
- Responsible for the Outsourcing Policy and arrangements (SLAs), setting measurable KPIs and KRIs and preparing an appropriate suite of MI/ dashboards for reporting to the Board.
- Ensure process documents are in place, kept up to date and stored appropriately.
- Highlight any process weaknesses and build controls to reduce the risk to the business.
- Add value to the business through driving sustainable improvements in operational capacity and continuous process improvement.
- Oversee compliance with regulations from an operational perspective and supporting Compliance and the Board in maintaining excellent communication and relations with Regulators.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business in managing operations, operational risks, operational resilience and business impact/ contingency planning.
- Maintain knowledge of the subject areas falling within this Job Description and ensure there is free circulation of information on relevant developments and policies across the business.
- Undertake other specifically assigned tasks and projects as request that are consistent with the performance of this remit.
What we expect you to bring to the role:
- Prior payments experience particularly in enabling acquiring / issuing services, local payment schemes (e.g. FPS) as well as managing the requirements of card network associations (e.g. VISA, MasterCard)
- Excellent project and stakeholder management skills
- A self-starter and problem-solver who is creative, can hit the ground running and is hungry to contribute to the myPOS success story
- Ability to embed a culture of continuous improvement, manage change and visualise how improvements can be implemented effectively
- Strong data analysis capability
- Clear written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Life & income protection insurance
- 28 days of holiday
Equal Opportunity Statement
At myPOS, we embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive workplace environment. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that myPOS PaymentsLtd may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes.