Head of Merchant Risk Assessment
Who are we?
We started out in 2014 with a vision to simplify the digital cross-border payments experience for complex markets. Over time, we grew into a European Fintech platform, regulated in over 30 markets and reaching across the EEA. Today we are offering the myPOS solution which is a business-in-a-box concept for card acceptance to nano/micro businesses comprising of an e-money account (myPOS account), card acceptance (omni channel solution) and card issuance. We have clients in every market segment and verticals using our solution. We are a team of more than 500 people across 15 offices Europe-wide and growing. Our vision is to embed world-class financial services into every platform we touch.
Our network is powered by our portfolio of licenses, hard-earned by building trust with financial regulators and Card Schemes. This combination of regulatory and tech assets is unique to myPOS and is at the core of our unique value proposition.
Where do you come into the picture?
The Head of Merchant Risk Assessment role is responsible for managing new corporate customers and Program Managers (PM) risk and compliance in the cards space with a view of balancing the risk and return and complying to the regulatory and scheme compliance of the various jurisdictions. The role holder will ensure customer business activities are in line with our company policies and customer financial exposure is properly assessed and controlled within acceptable limits. In addition, the role holder will also conduct regular PM and third-party audits and produces risk reports to assist in managing the regional clients’ portfolio.
The role holder is expected to be the contact point for the Group on new applications as well as any request raised from existing clients. Reporting to the CEO of the local Bulgarian company, the Head of Merchant Risk Assessment will also work closely with the Business, Sourcing, Fraud and Regulatory Compliance teams, Head of Risks and Compliance of our regulated entities and the Board Members to ensure that all related risks are maintained within the company’s risk appetite.
What would a day in your life @ myPOS look like?
As Head of Merchant Risk Assessment, for our cards business, you would:
- Be responsible to risk assess all new and existing card program applications and ensure program parameters and processes adhere to local regulatory requirements and is in line with myPOS’ company policies.
- Work with clients to understand and provide feedback on the clients’ product design and parameters, assess and improve the performance of KYB/KYC due diligence & customer onboarding from a Risk and Cards Schemes point of view, risk assessment to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Advising and making decisions on Risk/PEP/Sanctions/Adverse News hits flagged by relevant screening.
- Review and escalate suspicious activities within clients’ programs to the Fraud Management team or Chief Risk Officers and Chief Compliance Officers, Head of Cards, whenever necessary.
- Ensure that suspicious activities are promptly investigated, handled in a timely and appropriate manner, working with the respective stakeholders where applicable.
- Support change requests for existing products, business accounts, and risk limits.
- Responsible for onboarding decision making and determine risk limits associated with the product.
- Co-operate with sales, operations, and project managers to support the customer onboarding process in an efficient manner.
- Formulate, maintain, improve, and enhance risk and compliance cards management policies, procedures, and process flows globally.
- Test/review/improve automated customer onboarding tools and develop appropriate reporting for portfolio management.
- Support sales on business visits and provide risk management training upon request.
- Support the review and audits on our third-party intermediaries.
- Support the review of merchant and partner risks and verifying compliance status
What expertise & experiences would you need to have to play this kind of role?
- University degree holder
- 4-6 years and above relevant experience in business underwriting or risk and/or compliance operations/regulatory compliance.
- Experience in Payments/high tech company required.
- Familiar with Payment Industry or card acquiring/issuing schemes highly desirable.
- Experience in portfolio management and risk reporting.
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and report builders
- Excellent data querying and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong prioritization and execution skills
- Experience and comfortable in establishing relationships with different departments
- Quality focused with a passion for continuous improvement in process and procedures and customer quality.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new risk management tools
- Self-motivated and a good team player.
In addition to your remuneration, the role is fully entitled to our social benefits package:
- 25 days paid leave (+1 additional day for every year at myPOS, capped to 30)
- Full “Luxury” package health insurance from Bulstrad adding family members optional as well;
- 150 lv. per year for optical glasses and medical checks;
- 200 lv. per year for dental care;
- 160 lv. per month for lunch and snacks;
- Full coverage for Multisport card
Join the world of myPOS by sending us:
- CV in English.
We always properly take care of all applications, and you can be sure that the personal details of every single one of you will be treated with the utmost respect, confidentiality, and full compliance with the Personal Data Protection Law. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, so keep it tight and fresh – good luck to all of you!