Corporate Development Associate
myPOS was founded with a rebellious spirit and a lofty vision; to truly simplify money, so businesses can focus on what matters most.
At myPOS, our mission is to empower small businesses around the world with innovative end-to-end financial knowledge and solutions. Since 2016, we’ve helped tens of thousands of merchants build sustainable businesses and live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from nano and micro merchants, family-owned businesses to small businesses creating jobs and value across Europe.
But we’re just getting started.
The Corporate Development team works closely with senior leaders across myPOS to help accelerate the company’s mission through M&A and investments, product partnerships and strategic initiatives. This small and mighty team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring and executing impactful acquisitions, as well as shaping the company’s strategy by identifying industry trends, overseeing product partnerships and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers throughout the fintech community.
This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering and the broader strategic efforts at myPOS. If you’re passionate about creating financial access and enthusiastic about leading M&A deals and other projects end-to-end, we’d love to talk to you!
What excites you
- Working closely with myPOS’ executive team and EPDS (Engineering, Product, Design, Support) leadership to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate myPOS’ mission.
- Serving as a core member of one or more EPDS teams (or “pods”) and partnering closely with pod leads to identify ways to accelerate myPOS’ product portfolio through strategy development, market discovery, competitive intelligence, partner sourcing/development and M&A.
- Playing a key role in building and maintaining the overall deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities.
- Leading the end-to-end deal M&A process from strategy development and business case modeling to deal negotiation and due diligence to cross-functional integration.
- Building and refining scalable processes and best practices for myPOS’ Business and Corporate Development (BCD) function.
- Developing strong relationships with myPOS executives, advisors, entrepreneurs and investors across the fintech ecosystem.
What excites us
- A track record of running through walls to deliver results
- A superlative ability to bring clarity and focus to complex and ambiguous situations
- Prior experience in corporate development, investment banking
- Relevant experience leading M&A deals
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to drive projects cross-functionally
- Entrepreneurship, startup, management consulting or private equity experience a plus
- Prior experience working closely with product and engineering functions
- Experience at a technology company or fintech startup
- Background in CS or other technical degree
We evaluate what to pursue, craft strategies to maximise impact and help teams deliver market success.
- Place: Work from anywhere
- Commitment: Full time
- Team: Corporate Development
- Availability to travel and work across multiple global markets and time zones.
Are you ready to take it to the next level?
Apply by sending us:
- CV in English.
- Share with us in a few sentences why you believe this is the right role for you.
We always properly take care of all applications, and you can be sure that the personal details of every single one of you will be treated with the utmost respect, confidentiality, and full compliance with the Personal Data Protection Law. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, so keep it tight and fresh – good luck to all of you!
Similar jobs (4)
Strategic Initiatives & Business Operations Associate BulgariaFull Time
Product Associate, Core Consumer BulgariaFull Time
Product Owner – Business DevelopmentFull Time
Product Manager – Business Development Varna, BulgariaFull Time