Compliance & AML Executive
We at myPOS believe that all businesses and entrepreneurs should be able to leverage the power of card payments and modern technology to grow and thrive. We are dedicated to providing innovative, affordable and smart payment solutions and enable SMEs across the entire EEA to grow their business by taking full control over their cash flow.
Over 150,000 clients in more than 30 European countries trust us and joined the Payments Revolution led by myPOS!
Our strong team of dedicated professionals works hard to build the future of payments. myPOS paves the way to financial inclusion for small and medium-sized businesses. Our cutting-edge technology and vision-led approach are changing the world of payments in favor of the client!
Do you want to be a part of this future and take the next step in your career? If so, join our team!
Our new colleague will be based in Varna and will work closely with the Compliance Manager who will be responsible to give out Directives applicable to the myPOS service.
The Compliance & AML Executive role is designed to provide a diverse introduction to myPOS Compliance; as such the learning curve is expected to be varied and steep. The role holder is expected to learn quickly and become a highly proficient user in compliance and myPOS systems. The role provides access to confidential corporate and personal data.
Dealing with a variety of different stakeholders of different seniority is a key feature of the role. Working collegiately with myPOS colleagues across the group is key in identifying proportionate, value-add, compliance solutions to the business; as is protecting the business from financial crime.
Compliance sits in the 2nd line of defence and is critical in ensuring myPOS’s regulatory, risk and control structures are compliant with applicable laws, rules and regulations. The Compliance Executive is an important contributor to the Compliance team in achieving this.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Assist with/conduct ad hoc investigations into clients’ financial behavior, reporting findings as required to line management.
- Check for customer hits against domestic and foreign screening lists and internal watch lists.
- Assist with responding to inquiries from local and international regulatory authorities and police.
- Overview and manage escalated complaints from the Help desk.
- Monitor compliance of customer’s declared business activities against actual transactional histories (Transaction monitoring).
- Support as required the process of blocking, activating and closing client accounts.
- Review the verification of Source of Wealth/ Source of Funds declarations.
- Support/Undertake periodic Compliance monitoring and reviews of business areas and activities.
- Support the identification of legislative changes and their timely implementation in the company’s internal procedures.
- Assist in regulatory training (notably the annual AML training programme) and enhancing compliance culture.
- Actively support delivery of the annual Compliance plan.
- Escalate any unusual issue or behaviour to line management.
- Undertake other specifically assigned tasks as requested by line management, consistent with the performance of Compliance’s remit.
Experience & related requirements:
- The role will best suit a person showing the right cultural behaviours; aptitude, integrity, ethics, confidence, “doing the right thing”, personal characteristics and a strong commitment to developing a career in Compliance.
- Underpinning these behaviours and commitment, the role holder will have experience of the payments (or related) industry and ideally experience of Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) or related operational programs and procedure.
- The role holder should have an appetite to learn and aspire to further professional training relevant for the role.
- The role holder should have a strong ability to work with people, for respecting diversity and an ability to assess different opinions in reaching reasoned, proportionate outcomes.
- Other required attributes are dedication, responsibility, self-discipline, logical thinking, precision, loyalty and a personal commitment to high standards and quality.
- Knowledge of legal documents directly related to the activities of the company (e.g. regulating credit card issuance and client transactions: Currency Law, PDPA, CIP, CIP, LMML and its Implementation Rules, etc.) or knowledge of the company’s activities: operational procedures, instructions, instructions, manuals for working with the software is desirable but not essential.
- The role holder is expected to be fluent in both written and spoken English Language. Knowledge in another European language would be considered an advantage.
- Higher education required
- Good computer skills are essential for the role (MS office, Internet)
What we offer:
- “Google Office-Class” workplace in an open, friendly hi-tech environment;
- The opportunity to work in a diverse and international team of professionals building together the future of Payment Solutions;
- Attractive and motivating salary;
- Promotions and a salary review based on performance;
- Full “Luxury” package health insurance including dental care and optical glasses;
- 100 lv. per month for lunch and snacks;
- Exciting teambuilding events;
- Opportunity to refresh in our facilities, including fitness, bowling and relax areas.
- Did we mention free coffee, food and drinks at the office?
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Apply by sending us:
- CV in English
- Cover letter – Share with us why you would like to join the myPOS family
We always properly take care of all applicants, and you can be sure that the personal details of every single one of you will be treated with the utmost respect, confidentiality, and full compliance with the Personal Data Protection Law. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, so keep it tight and fresh – good luck to all of you!